Wednesday, October 3, 2012

C4K September Summary

Comments for Kids #1 Comment #1

"Iron's cousin had a birthday!"
Image from Iron's class blog


Iron's Blog Post:

On Saturday we celebrated my little cousins birthday. I felt so excited because I wanted to eat cake. In a loud voice I shouted "WOW" as soon as I saw the big beutiful cake. My cousin is a girl and she turned 3 on Saturday. As soon as she blew her candles that were on the cake, she started to clap and we sang the happy birthday song in english and samoan. It was time for us to cheer and we said "hip hip horray, hip hip horray, hip hip horray." We ate the cake after we cheered and we said in samoan "Manuia" which is "Take care". We started to eat and when we all took first bite, our faces looked so so suprised because of the prettyness, awesomeness and tasteness of the cake! We were happy that we got to go to her birthday. My favourite part of my cousins birthday was eating the TASTFULL cake!!!


My Comment:

I was assigned to comment on a 5th grade students blog. The student I chose blogged about his little cousin's 3rd birthday! He does a great jobs describing the cake and how it tasted, he included a picture that he drew on a computer in the post. It was a short and concise post about the birthday party and one fabulous cake from a 5th graders perspective!

My comment went as follows :

"WOW! I really want a big slice of cake now! Your description of your cake was wonderfully worded! I could almost picture the cake myself! It is very cool that you got to sing "Happy Birthday," in English and Samoan! I wish I could speak two languages. I love the picture of the cake that you added to your blog, did you draw that yourself ? I hope that your cousin had a wonderful 3rd birthday, and enjoyed her cake as much as you did! Keep blogging, you are doing so good!"


The student's blog can be viewed below:
Click here to view students' Blog Post

Comments For Kids #1 Comment #2

I commented Iron's most recent blog post again to follow up with him. Here is his latest posting:
During the beginning of our holidays, we had to start rehearsing for white Sunday because its coming up in the second week of the holidays. I am looking forward to our White Sunday! I like doing speeches in front of people and dancing. I wondered how many speeches was I going to do? Hmm I am doing 2 speeches and they are short. I have got my speeches off by heart and I know how to do the dance. I am feeling enthusiastic for next week on White Sunday. Hooray!!!
My Comment:
Hi Iron, This post is much longer than your previous post I read. Your blog is coming along fabulously! The picture you drew is beautiful. I like the quote, God is great and good! I love that you used the word enthusiastic, what a great descriptive word! Now, I am dying to know what is, "White Sunday?" Also, I just learned recently that when you are typing number words one thru ten, apparently you are supposed to spell them out! When the number is bigger than ten you can type them. Keep up the good work Iron! Annie Turner EDM310 @ATur8916

No comments:

Post a Comment