Sunday, November 4, 2012

C4K November Summary

C4K Ms. Vitulli's Ireland Blog
Link to Vitulli & Santoli: Eyes on Ireland Blog

My Comment on most recent post:


"Hi, Ms. Vitulli,

My name is Annie Turner, I am in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class and was assigned to comment on your blog this week. I am also in your ART class on Thursday night in Fairhope. I am looking forward to hearing about your trip! I really enjoy reading your blog. I wanted to answer your questions that you posted at the end of your blog post:



How can classroom teachers ensure that they are not neglecting human development issues as they ensure that they are teaching as well?

Teachers have a responsibility to make it a priority to educate their students this means in anyway possible , going the extra mile for individual and all students. If a teacher is not capable or willing to do this then they do not need to be an educator.


What resources might help teachers in this effort?
ANY resource available to them. Technology, is an asset to the modern classroom for sure. However, a good teacher will develop one heck of a PLN so that they are prepared and fully stocked on fresh ideas and different ways to teach any type of student.

Is this an area where elementary teachers have opportunities that secondary teachers may not?

Oh Absolutely, because in Secondary education your students are already set in their ways in their study habits and educational patterns, it is much easier to mold a young mind and get them excited to learn, as well as instill good study habits.



Do teachers have a responsibility to do more than teach content?
YES! If I had more teachers who went the extra mile and made sure I was learning I would have been better prepared. Rather than just being required to make a 60 to say I "passed." Test memorization that is forgotten as soon as the test is turned in, is a joke. I feel I would have been a better student then, if before arriving on college's doorstep with no clue how to truly study or learn, I had a teacher instill study habits in me.

CONTENT is important obviously, but a teacher knows through experience if other information will be beneficial to know . If a teacher will take the extra time to share those items with the class, along with the content items, students might come out a little wiser and stronger."



C4K Post # 2 November
Mr. Boylen's Classblog

I was assigned to comment on student : Blake B. 
Blake's ;ast blog post was on October 31st and it was titled
"Were the red grows.."
Here is the link to his blog :
Blake B's Class Blog


This student did not seem to really complete this blog post correctly, the class blog was for 8th grade students, and he did not use correct spelling, grammar, or punctuation, and his post was one incomplete sentence long.
Here is my comment: 


Hi Blake,

My name is Annie Turner and I am a student at The University of South Alabama. I am in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class, I am studying elementary education. This week I was assigned to comment on your blog, and most recent post. I have to say of all the posts I have been assigned to comment on this semester yours is the shortest. This class blog seems to come from the middle school aged students, so I must say I was disappointed with your post. You spelled "Where," wrong, and the post is entirely to short. If the assignment was to describe the book you read and why you liked it. You did not use any punctuation, and "I" should be capitalized. The title is : " Where the Red Fern Grows." When writing about a book always be sure to Capitalize the title and underline it. Also, be sure you word it correctly. If you did not read the book, you should have just stated so. I see that your interests include sports, even professional athletes have to go to college and maintain certain grades to play, before they go pro! Keep your head in the game and you will go much farther.

Thank you,

 Annie Turner


C4K Post # 4 November
Ms. Nelson's classblog

This week I was assigned to comment on  Ms. Nelson's 4th grade Alabama History's class blog , on their trip to the Capitol to meet Governor Bentley. This was  a really neat posting because I remember my field trip to the capitol, in the 4th grade to meet Governor Riley.
Below is my comment on the blog:

My Comment:
Hi,
 My name is Annie Turner, and I am a student at The University of South Alabama and in Dr. Strange's EDM310 class, this week I was assigned to comment on your blog. This was a very neat blog for me to view. I grew up in Alabama and I remember my own trip to meet Governor Riley, many years ago! Of course we did not have all of these wonderful technologically advanced tools to document our trip! One of the first things I noticed when I look at the picture above is that, half of the students are holding up iPads, how neat is that. The EDM310 class is all about technology in the classroom and I always think that, our local schools are not there yet, and then I see your blog. At the school right down the street from where I work and live, students in 4th grade on a traditional field trip, that is a part of Alabama History, technology being used all the way! I love it! The video I was assigned to watch was : The State House. This was such a neat video, I like how pictures taken on the trip were used in collaboration  with the recording of actual students talking about the things they saw and learned! These students actually learned something and had fun! What an amazing method of teaching and helping students to truly learn! Please follow my blog at http://turnerannieedm310.blogspot.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment